Thursday, March 22, 2007

KYSD Opening(Part 1)

Have you tried being a student teacher in your school? For me, yes and I am proud of it. We call it as "Know Your School Day".

Know Your School Day is the day when the students substitute their teacher to teach their classmates or schoolmates. This is the time when the students experience how to be a teacher. This is a great challenge because it tests your patience and respect to your classmates. Being a teacher, you should study your lessons before discussing it to the class so that it will be easy for you to answer some questions that are asked by the students and so that you will not be embarrass in front of them.

We first met our first student teachers in the subject, Social Science II.It is earlier than the exact date of the KYSD but there was no other time for them to discuss because it was the last meeting for Social Science for that week. The students were Katrina, Michelle, Kenneth, Charmaine and Vanilyn. Their discussion was all about the Association of the Southeast Asian Nations or tha ASEAN Summit. We did not have a hard time in their discussion because they were just letting us have our reaction about the event. But the one that I will never forget during that class was that "someone" asked what if the ASEAN Summit in Cebu was not successful. I immediately reacted at what that "someone" had ask and I yielded that "Sus Uy!". And then some of my classmates and perhaps that "someone" too looked at me. I was kind of ashamed but I said to myself that "why should I?". I just want to react at what that person said because why are we talking in the things that did not happen for what we knowthat the summit was successful.(By the way her name is Hazel Mary Pastelero.) But I do not have any hatred at her.

The next day, it was the student teachers in Science II-A(Basic Biology) who tried. They were Ma. Jane Chrislyn, Rachel and Vanilyn. Though they disccussed so fast, I still tried to catch with them.I did not understand some but I did not bother to ask questions. Their discussion was all about the organs and organ systems of the human body. They discussed The Circulatory system, Nervous system,Excretory system, Digestive system and Respiratory system. They all discuused their uses, functions and parts. They were running out of time because their discussions were too long but they managed to finish until the bell has rang for the recess time.

It was recess time already but I did not take my recess because I was assigned to be the student teacher for that particular day for the subject Math II-B(Geometry). My emotions were very mixed at that time because I am afraid that I can not do my duty and be embarrass in front of my classmates so I prayed to God to give me tha courage and strenght to discuss properly what I should discuss and so that my classmates will learn easily from me.

No comments: